About one in twelve European households is having difficulties meeting their payment commitments, whether these relate to secured or unsecured borrowing, to payment of rent, or to utility or other household bills. Debt advisors play a crucial role in giving professional advice and finding the best solutions to help households get out of debt. Currently, there are only a fraction of the necessary qualified independent debt advisors available to support all the households in need.
The objective of project on “Provision of actions to extend the availability and improve the quality of debt-advice services for European households” is to:
- Support the European Commission in addressing consumer over-indebtedness linked to credit activities in a more efficient manner;
- To facilitate the availability of debt advice;
- Help spreading the awareness of best practices and address funding and capacity building programmes.
Two seminars series were organized in the context of this initiative:
- Online seminar series: Good Practices in Debt Advice
- Second seminar series on Good Practices on Debt Advice
The seminar series as well as videos of the good practices can be watched HERE