Cosmina Amariei is a Researcher at the European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI), an independent research institute run by CEPS’ Financial Markets and Institutions Unit.
Her main research areas include: central banking & monetary policy, financial integration & stability, asset management, retail and institutional investors, trading and post-trading market infrastructure, sustainable finance, fintech. She follows a series of legislative dossiers, such as CMU, MiFID 2/MiFIR, EMIR, UCITS, AIFMD, PRIIPS, PEPP, IDD, Solvency 2, IORP. In the past, she worked at National Bank of Romania and Erste Group AG.
- CEPS-ECMI Task Force on Asset allocation in Europe: What challenges and opportunities lie ahead?
- Feasibility Study for the creation of a CMU Equity Market Index Family (for DG FISMA, European Commission)
- Study on the drivers of investments in equity by insurers and pension funds (for DG FISMA, European Commission)
- CEPS-ECMI Task Force on Europe’s untapped capital market: Rethinking integration after the great financial crisis
- Study on MiFIR/ MAR Exemption for 3rd country central banks and DMOs (for DG FISMA, European Commission)
- High level Cost-Benefit-Analysis of MiFID 2/MiFIR technical standards (for ESMA)