Cosmina Amariei is a Researcher at the European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI), an independent research institute run by CEPS’ Financial Markets and Institutions Unit.
Her main research areas include: financial integration & stability, asset management, retail and institutional investment, trading and post-trading market infrastructure, sustainable finance, fintech. She follows a series of legislative dossiers, such as CMU, MiFID 2/MiFIR, EMIR, UCITS, AIFMD, PRIIPS, PEPP, IDD, Solvency 2, IORP. In the past, she worked at National Bank of Romania and Erste Group AG.
- CEPS-ECMI Task Force on Asset allocation in Europe: What challenges and opportunities lie ahead? ?- Available here.
- Study on the drivers of investments in equity by insurers and pension funds (for DG FISMA, European Commission) – ongoing
- Policy Report on Improving the investor base for local currency bond markets in China, India and Indonesia (for GIZ – the German International Cooperation Agency)
- Study on the Role of digitalisation and innovation in creating a true single market for retail financial services (for DG FISMA, European Commission)
- Report on Europe’s untapped capital market: Rethinking integration after the great financial crisis (European Capital Markets Expert Group, CEPS-ECMI Task Force)
- Study on Exemptions under MiFIR and MAR for third-country central banks and public entities in charge of public debt management (for DG FISMA, European Commission)
- High level cost-benefit-analysis of MiFID 2/MiFIR draft technical standards (for ESMA – the European Securities Markets Authority) – Available here.