Cristian Stroia is a Researcher in the Energy, Resources and Climate Change Unit.
His current research focuses on circular economy, regional energy policy and smart cities, and since mid-2016 he is part of the work on Central and South-East Europe regional energy cooperation, which includes the Regionalisation of EU Energy Policies initiative and the C&SEE Business Forum on Energy. Previously, he has been part of the Post-carbon Cities of Tomorrow (POCACITO) EU-funded research program on the de-carbonization of urban economies, and of the consortium team of the EU’s Smart Cities Information System (SCIS) that looked into solutions in the fields of sustainable building and district development, renewable energy sources for cities, energy efficiency in buildings and low-carbon technology applications.
With previous experience in the NGO sector in Romania, business and entrepreneurship programs, and non-formal education initiatives, his topics of interest also include: environmental and climate policy, regional cooperation, urban sustainable development and digital transformation.
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY FOR EUROPEAN PRIORITIES STRATEGIC AGENDA (CICERONE) is an EU funded project that brings together programme owners, research organizations and other stakeholders to create a platform for efficient Circular Economy programming
- ENERGY POLICIES AND GOVERNANCE IN EU MACRO-STRATEGIES is a project that aims at conducting a comparative study on energy politics and governance in the four EU macro-regions, with the aim of informing political decisions in the EUSALP region
- CIRCULAR IMPACTS develops an assessment based on concrete data and indicators of the macro-economic, societal, environmental and labour market impacts of a successful transition to a circular economy
- EUROPE FOR CITIZENS: aimed at understanding the impact of euroscepticism on the construction of Europe, engages citizens of 6 EU cities through MOOC courses, an online interactive platform and citizens dialogues
- CENTRAL AND SOUTH EAST EUROPE BUSINESS FORUM ON ENERGY: addresses the need to stimulate regional energy policy cooperation, fosters information-sharing among energy companies operating in C&SEE and relevant European institutions to step up market integration efforts
- REGIONALISATION OF EU ENERGY POLICIES: examines the political and economic justification to pursue cross-EU border energy policy approaches, specifically in terms of the cooperation potential in Central and South East Europe
- SMART CITIES INFORMATION SYSTEM (SCIS): supported by the EU Commission, the data and knowledge platform showcases solutions on sustainable building and district development, renewable energy sources for cities, energy efficiency, ICT, transport & mobility, and low-carbon technology application
- POST-CARBON CITIES OF TOMORROW (POCACITO): foresight study for sustainable pathways towards liveable, affordable and prospering cities in a world context, with the objective to facilitate the transition of EU cities to a post?carbon economic model
- Policy Implication of Climate Change Mitigation (POLIMP) project
- Coordination and Assessment of Research and Innovation in Support of Climate Change Mitigation Actions (CARISMA) project
See more details on Linkedin.