As we enter in the preparatory period leading to the Paris climate change conference in December 2015 where a new Climate Change Agreement should be reached, the CEPS Carbon Market Forum inaugurates a new series entitled: "2015 Climate Change Agreement Lecture Series".
It is an opportunity for Ambassadors, Heads of Delegation, eminent speakers, to present at CEPS, before EU stakeholders, their views on the ongoing negotiations and their vision on the 2015 Paris Agreement. It is expected that the speakers may choose to address issues such as:
– Why do we need a new CC agreement?
– What provisions does it have to include – what is necessary, what is sufficient?
– Is there a role for markets? What can and should do for markets?
– Does it have to be legally binding?
– What is the role of finance?
Participation in CEPS meetings is a benefit of membership. Non-members may be admitted for €50, paid in cash at registration. A sandwich lunch will be served before the event, from 12.30 onwards.