CEPS has launched a partnership with the EUI School of Transnational Governance (STG) to organise a series of Executive Training seminars at CEPS in Brussels. Based within the European University Institute in Florence, the School brings the worlds of academia and policy-making together in an effort to navigate a context, both inside and outside Europe, where policy-making increasingly transcends national borders.
The first of this series will take place on 13-14 June 2019, and will focus on the new developments in the EU budget and the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), and how they will impact the EU, the member states and national parliaments.
The Power of the EU Purse: Mastering the Multiannual Financial Framework
Executive Training Seminar, Brussels, 13-14 June 2019
The EU budget formation process will undergo significant changes. Who will exercise the power of the EU Purse?
The Executive Training Seminar will examine the new developments in the EU budget and the 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), and the ways they impact the EU, Member States and national Parliaments.
Participants will hone their strategic knowledge and skills by:
- Analysing the new developments of the MFF and the state of play of negotiations;
- Identifying and discussing best practices on how EU and national actors scrutinise the MFF;
- Gaining expertise on Parliaments’ instruments and related assessments related to the management of EU/Eurozone affairs;
- Obtaining invaluable insights about the role of the InvestEU as an EU financial instrument;
- Examining how EU budget mechanisms affect national economic policies;
- Steering an inter-parliamentary network of best practices.
Through interactive exercises such as a simulation game, modelling a real budget-case scenario, an Oxford debate and a world café, this Executive Training Seminar will create an enabling environment for peer-learning and for inter-institutional networking.
To register for this event, please go to: https://www.eui.eu/events/detail?eventid=161533