Resource efficiency has been identified by the EU Commission (2011) as one of the seven flagship initiatives that are part of the ‘’EU 2020 strategy aiming to deliver smart, sustainable and inclusive growth’’.
The NETGREEN Thematic Policy Workshop on ''Maximizing resource efficiency throughout the EU economy'' will focus on how Europe can boost resource efficiency through the use of effective policy instruments and appropriate indicators. The workshop will cover issues such as which are the major drivers and barriers to resource efficiency and what is the role of indicators in measuring progress towards more efficient use of material resources. The discussion will start with a presentation of the NETGREEN tool, demonstrating how it it supports policy makers in measuring progress towards resource efficiency. The event will feature a panel composed of experts from policy, research, academia and business.
*On the same day in the context of the NETGREEN project CEPS has also organized a Thematic Policy Workshop on “Eco-innovation and opportunities for the EU economy”.
- EU progress on resource efficiency – Barbara Bacigalupi, Policy Officer on Resource Efficiency and Indicators, DG Environment, EU Commission
- Resource Efficiency Scoreboard – Evi Ford-Alexandraki, Statistical Officer on Resource Efficiency Indicators, Eurostat
- Measuring-progress.eu – Green Economy Indicators – Lucas Porsch, Senior Fellow, Ecologic Institute
- Enhancing resource efficiency – a research perspective – Stephan Lutter, Research Fellow, Institute for Ecological Economics – Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU)
- Advancing resource efficiency in Europe – Carsten Wachholz, Resources use and Product Policy Officer, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Enhancing Resource Efficiency throughout the EU – Janneke Van Veen, Coordinator Resource efficiency/Circular economy, Government of Flanders
- Sustainable Process Industries through Resource and Energy Efficiency – Loredana Ghinea, Executive Director, A.SPIRE – Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy Efficiency