CEPS, in cooperation with COWI and Prognos, has carried out a study for the European Commission’s DG Energy on “EU’s Global Leadership in Renewables”. The study aims to answer two main questions:
- What are the key countries, key markets and key activities in the global renewable energy supply chain?
- What policies would best support the industrial competitiveness of the European renewable energy industry, and its added value to the EU economy and society?
With the adoption of a new 55% net greenhouse gas emission reduction target, the existing target of at least 32% by 2030 will need to be increased. With EU’s commitment to become a global leader in renewable energy, how can the EU maximise the competitiveness of the European renewable industry and generating positive socio-economic impacts?
This launch event will present and discuss the main findings of the study. More specifically, the following topics will be covered:
- The economic impacts of EU renewable energy’s value chain and their competitiveness
- The socio-economic impact of EU policies of promoting renewables within the EU and globally.
- Proposed policy solutions to support the competitiveness of the EU renewable energy industry
The event is free of charge. Registration is required.
The final list of speakers and panelists will be shared before the workshop.