The EU Commission has placed eco-innovation at the heart of its policies to move towards a green economy. However, according to the European Environment Agency (2014), the potential for "green innovation in Europe" is only been partially realized. The NETGREEN Thematic Policy Workshop on "Eco-innovation and opportunities for the EU economy" will discuss the role of eco-innovation in fostering the green economy as well as the main challenges to be met by policy makers and businesses. The workshop will deal with questions such as which barriers hinder the adoption and diffusion of new innovations and which are the best indicators to measure progress. The event will feature a panel composed of experts from policy, research, academia, NGOs and business.
*On the same day in the context of the NETGREEN project CEPS has also organized a Thematic Policy Workshop on “Maximizing resource efficiency throughout the EU economy”.
- Circular Economy – Innovation Opportunities – Robert Schroder, Policy Officer, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Measuring-progress.eu – Green Economy Indicators – Lucas Porsch, Senior Fellow, Ecologic Institute
- Measuring eco-innovation – lessons from the Eco-Innovation Observatory – Principal Consultant, Technopolis Group
- The Valley of Death for Eco-Innovation – Alexander van der Vooren, Policy Researcher, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency
- Eco-innovation and opportunities for the EU industry – Bernard de Galembert, Innovation and Bio economy Director, Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI)
- Eco-innovation & opportunities for the EU economy – Adam White, Research Coordinator, WWF