With new technologies and markets reshuffling industrial value chains and the Covid-19 pandemic giving impetus to calls for a resilient and sustainable future, what measures are needed for Europe’s industry to thrive? Will the update of the industrial Strategy announced in May this year be enough to bring Europe back on the road to resilience and “competitive sustainability”? Is there a clear vision for the future of EU industry in the current geopolitical context? Which indicators are needed to best monitor progress?
- Introduction by Cinzia Alcidi, Director, CEPS
- Keynote by Andrea Renda, Senior Research Fellow, CEPS:
“Towards a resilient and sustainable post-pandemic recovery”
- Maive Rute, Deputy Director General, DG GROW, European Commission
- Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, MEP, European Parliament
- Andrea Montanino, Chief Economist, CDP
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation
Moderator: Malorie Schaus, Researcher, CEPS
This event is organised in collaboration with Cassa Depositi e Prestiti.