- To what extent can the EPEF address SME financing problems? How will such an initiative channel funds to SMEs?
- How does the EPEF relate to the EU SME IPO fund that President von der Leyen proposed, or other crisis related funds (e.g. Solvency Support Instrument)? How will these initiatives coexist?
- Will such a fund be complementary to existing national programmes, or rather a substitution for some of them?
- What is the current regulatory framework for SMEs and how should the eligibility criteria for funding SMEs be defined?
- How might the current EU legal framework on competition and State aid interact with any(EU/national) initiative on SMEs financing?
- Elena Carletti, Professor of Finance, Bocconi University; founder and Scientific Director, Florence School of Banking and Finance, European University Institute
- Barry McGrath, Manager, Innovation and Alternative Finance, European Investment Fund
- Jesús Gonzalez Nieto, Director of MAB (Mercado Alternativo Bursátil – Alternative Stock Market), Bolsas y Mercados Españoles
- Morana Mavricek, Policy Officer, DG FISMA, European Commission
You can also follow the webinar via CEPS Youtube Channel