IPEPS Master Module on EU Policies 2017
The 8-week Master's degree module level is the core activity of the IPEPS project. It took place in Brussels and offered a comprehensive coverage of EU policy areas:
- EU macroeconomic governance
- Regulation and the economics of financial markets
- Energy Union and climate change
- EU single market and the four freedoms
- Decision-making across EU policies
The module combined frontal lectures with case studies, problem-based learning activities, discussion groups and workshops. The latter was meant to complement traditional teaching with more interactive formats, which ensure participation of students, engagement in the discussion and training of communication abilities.
Activities of this type included:
- Discussion groups about pre-assigned readings or a topic discussed in a Council meeting or a paper issued by the European Commission
- Case studies or practical exercises
- Discussions with experts or policy-makers on a controversial issue
- Occasional seminars with practitioners from the business sector
- Study visits to the EU
- An afternoon devoted to the preparation of CVs and mock interviews
- In-depth learning and critical thinking on real-life policy issues
- Understand EU policies and the policy-making process
- Network of experts and students coming from different European countries
- Innovative learning environment
The course took place from 29 May to 20 July 2017.
Download the brochure here.
What former participants say about IPEPS
"The different backgrounds of the students allows to approach every topic from different perspectives, enhancing its understanding."
"Getting exposed to topics I don't know so well is both challenging and rewarding. It also helps to truly understand the complexity of the EU and how different areas are interlinked."
"The interactive sessions are useful to increase speaking skills, the ability to work in groups and to get to know each other."
"IPEPS program was intellectually challenging and rewarding."