Young Thinkers for Europe 2017
Call for applications - Officials from national governments
On the occasion of the 4th CEPS Ideas Lab, an innovative platform promoting the exchange of views on key policy issues facing Europe, which will take place in Brussels on 23 and 24 February 2017, CEPS wants to foster the involvement of young officials from national governments eager to join the Brussels debate and help to shape it.
For this purpose CEPS is opening the following call for applications.
Selected participants will be given the opportunity to take part in three special sessions designed for this group (click here to see the programme) and will be encouraged to participate in any sessions of their choice in the main programme of the Ideas Lab. The latter offers sessions on a broad array of topics ranging from the digital economy and governance to energy and migration.
- Under 40 years of age
- Excellent knowledge of English
- National of an EU-28 member state, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Keen interest in EU issues and knowledge of EU policies and mechanisms
- At least a Master’s degree (or equivalent) and 3 years of experience in government departments dealing with one the following matters: Economy and finance, Labour and social affairs, Home affairs, Foreign affairs, Energy, EU affairs, Migration, Development and innovation. Experience in public speaking will be considered an asset
How to apply
The application must include:
- short cover letter with an explicit reference to the topics of interest & CV
Documents must be in English and should be sent to Margarita Minkova, no later than Monday 30 January 2017 (with subject line: Young Thinkers for Europe 2017)
Because of the restricted number of seats (30), we kindly ask you to apply only if you seriously intend to attend all workshop sessions. Admission is contingent confirmation on the part of the organisers.
Selected candidates will be announced by 5 February 2017. Participation in the event will be free of charge, but CEPS will not be able to cover travel and accommodation expenses.